Monday, April 10, 2017

Famous Last Words: Make an Effort

I'm doing this blog post at the beginning of the week since the class announcements will be the same for Mon-Wed.

Source: OU Class Announcements

This meme really speaks to me as I have less than a month until graduation.
I have received many awards. I have been involved with a lot of things. I have accomplished a lot of things. But in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of trying to find a job, I forgot that I need to come back down to earth and be humble. I have lost that. The awards and achievements don't mean anything unless I use them to better myself and the people around me. I think a lot of people gain power and they get lost in what the power does to them. I like to be in control and be in a position of power. But I don't want to be in a position of power to take advantage of people. I believe that with power comes responsibility. And you must use that power for good. A lot of what is going on in today's society is people using their power not for the good of society. And it is not necessarily my place to say where people should direct their power toward, but I know this society and the world would be a much better place if people used their power for good. So, I want a job that I can use my power for good. I want a job in which I am seen as a role model. I want to be someone that everyone can invest time and energy into and trust.

So I have taken a second to sit down, breath and reevaluate my life and my hunt for a job.
I know that in everything I do, I must make a real effort to succeed. No one is going to hand me a job. And certainly no one is going to do it for me. I have to do it for myself, and I have to make the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment