Sunday, April 9, 2017

Famous Last Words: Faking It Until I Make It

The reading for this week went well. I did not have to time to do both portions of the reading, as norma. So, instead, I just did the second half of the reading. I remember that most of the stories I read from the British unit were extremely interesting and many of them I didn't like. There was one story that I skipped completely because it was too graphic for me. It was a story about a woman who had killed her daughter and chopped her up and served her in the soup. I almost got sick reading it. I can't stand reading stories like that. I did not experiment with a new creative writing style this week. 

Things are going fine in my other classes. Right now in my capstone class, we are reaching the very end. I have 4,000 words to write before May 7 I believe. So that's what the title of this post is: Faking It Until I Make It, because I am indeed faking it until I make it. I'm trying to finish up this class so I have more time devote to my capstone class. As of right now, there isn't anything I'm reading in this class that correlates with sometimes I'm doing in another class. But I do love it when that happens. 
This past weekend, I was honored at the OU Campus Awards Ceremony for being Gaylord College's Overall Outstanding Senior as well as Letzeiser Honor List. I've very honored to have been recognized for my achievements as my college career comes to an end. Now on to find a job. I have applied to several places, but something just doesn't feel like a good fit yet. Until yesterday, I applied to a Marriott training program and a copy editor position at an advertising and marketing firm. I'm still waiting on a couple of other applications, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. 



Graduation Caps Being Tossed Into Air Source: Programming Librarian

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking good job thoughts for you, Mia!!!

    One of my good friends online is a copy editor and she also does freelance editing for novelists; she shares all kinds of good stuff if you are interested in connecting. Her name is Karen Conlin, and here is her Google+ stream and she also uses Twitter, and she has a blog. The work she does always sounds so fascinating to me, especially the work she does with authors who need some help with their writing to bring their ideas to life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you tried to finish up this class as fast as possible so that you could focus on other things. I mostly just did the required assignments each week without doing the extra credit assignments but now I wish I would have done more extra credit assignments to finish about 2 weeks ago. I am ready for this semester to be over for graduation!

    ReplyDelete