Sunday, March 5, 2017

Famous Last Words: Make it to Spring Break

My reading for the week went well. I wasn't so interested in the Filipino stories from this week because all them were detailed up until the end; the end always had a happy, abrupt ending in my opinion. I don't think this is the way life works most of the time. Also these aren't fairy tales, so I don't necessarily see why they all must end happily. But for my story, I framed it similarly, with a happy ending. I didn't have time to both portions of the reading, but that's normal for my schedule. I do reading A and then the extra credit to make up the reading. I tend to find inspiration for my weekly story through the first set of reading.
I do my best writing when I am focused and determined. At this point in the semester and in my life, my best writing is on cover letters and application essays. In all honesty, that's where my focus and best writing should be. I need a job!
One of the blogs I read this week had a wonderful introduction paragraph. In addition, the whole story was mysterious and interesting throughout. I really thought this person was a great writer.
Things are fine in my other classes. I'm just trying to work ahead because I have a lot of organizational/leadership obligations this week. I'm just ready for spring break. I'm going to Galveston, Texas, with a group of my closest girlfriends. I need a mental break. 

Beach at Galveston, Texas. Source: RoyalCarribean

I hope to keep up with this class. Some weeks, I wish I had worked ahead, and other weeks, it's fine. I enjoy writing the stories, but I don't always enjoy reading the stories and taking notes. I work better trying to understand the overall picture of stories and rethinking ideas that way. But my capstone class is the most important class to me, and I hope to do well in it. The goal is to graduate!


No comments:

Post a Comment